Build Skills. Spark Discussion. Refine Practices. Get Involved.
The 2021 Virtual Workshop Series is here.
Completely online, open to everyone, and 100% free, Nextfest’s Workshop Series is back for its fourth year (second year online).
You don’t have to be an artist that is part of Nextfest to join in on these amazing discussions, in fact, you don’t even have to be an artist! We encourage all that are interested to signup, get involved, and take advantage of these unique learning experiences.
OUR 2021 WORKSHOP LINEUP:
- Decolonizing The Arts; Treaty Relations, Inclusivity, and Guidance with Mackenzie Brown!
- Like and Subscribe: Making and Sharing Art With A Digital Audience with Gender? I Hardly Know Them’s Elena Belyea and Syd Campbell!
- NONDancing with Rock Bottom Movement’s Alyssa Martin!
- Frazzled Can’t Produce: Practical Tips for Managing Stress and Avoiding Burnout with therapist Deepika Mittra!
- Anatomy of a Short Film with GIFT’s Elise Graham!
- Audio Engineering Fundamentals with Helm Studio’s Josh Eastman!
- On Songwriting (From a Sad Indie Them) with Paxsi!
- The Artist’s Journey with Elsa Robinson!
- Distributing and Promoting Music With Festival Producer Simone A. Medina Polo AKA pseudo-antigone!
- The Camera Loves You: Self Tapes (back by popular demand) with Chantal Perron!
- Language & Art: an exploration of how we make art in more than one language with Sophie Gareau-Brennan, Chris Dodd, Joëlle Préfontaine, and Makram Ayache!
- Intro to Voice Acting (Animation and Commercial) with Sunny Chen!
- Playwrighting Basics with Festival Director Ellen Chorley!
How to Sign Up
For dates, information, and more visit our Workshop Series page. Click the signup links to reserve your spot!
Have questions about our workshops? Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Workshops 2021 Inquiry
We want to hear from you! Have a workshop you want to see but isn’t featured in this year’s workshop series? Tell us what workshops you’d like to see at next year’s festival in our online suggestions form.