The Nextfest Arts Company is premiering 5 different works during our Playwrights Weekend on Friday, February 9 through Sunday, February 11, 2024.
What is a Playwrights Weekend?
In October of 2023, the Nextfest Arts Company offered a new six-week program called MY FIRST PLAY! which had the overwhelming response of twenty-two new Edmonton playwrights joining us to learn how to craft scripts as new writers.
Now join Nextfest as we share sneak peeks of five new plays by emerging playwrights. Four of the plays have been created through the MY FIRST PLAY program:
- GHOSTBOX by Scott Muyer;
- DMV by Logan Stefura;
- THE TELEVANGELISTS by Mika Boutin;
- S. BOTSON: A six hour revolution by Sage Milnthorp; and
- CARTER AND THE TRAIN by Grace Fitzgerald (which will debut at Nextfest 2024 and be presented at the Roxy BYOV by Nextfest at the Edmonton International Fringe Festival 2024.)
Each play will be presented with a live talk back from the audience so playwrights can gather feedback about their work and share a glimpse into their process.
Friday, February 9 at 7:00 pm
- GHOSTBOX by Scott Muyer
- DMV by Logan Stefura
Saturday, February 10 at 7:00 pm
- THE TELEVANGELISTS by Mika Boutin
- S. BOTSON: A six hour revolution by Sage Milnthorp
Sunday, February 11 at 2:00 pm
- CARTER AND THE TRAIN by Grace Fitzgerald
Where Can You get tickets?
Tickets are $10.00 you can purchase them in advance here: https://theatrenetwork.ca/events/nextfest-playwrights-weekend/
OR you can purchase them at the door. No person will be turned away due to lack of funds.
The Roxy bar will be open to pair libations with the literary readings.