NuMusic at Nextfest proudly presents brave new works by emerging composers, musicians, sound artists, and anyone interested in exploring the world of new music and sound art. For the sake of this festival, “emerging” refers to artists under the age of 30 who are not professionally represented.
NuMusic at Nextfest is now accepting submissions for the 2015 Nextfest Emerging Arts Festival. This year’s edition of NuMusic will revolve around the theme “Inside Out,” encouraging works which make use of indoor and/or outdoor spaces.
All works and proposals must be submitted by Friday, May 1, 2015. We are interested in works at various stages of development within the following categories:
– Works for solo instrument & chamber ensemble, with or without electronics. (Ensemble must be provided by composer, OR pending submission requests, a house ensemble may be formed)
– Acousmatic & live electronics.
Experimental take on various genres*
– Experimental Jazz, Pop, Rock and Dance music.
– Acoustic, electronic or mixed improvised performances.
– Sound Installations, Interdisciplinary works & Music Tech demonstrations
– If you have something that is not in the categories above, let us know!
Regarding Outdoor Works: Tech support for works which make use of outdoor space may be provided pending on the quantity and nature of the overall submissions. Otherwise, resources must be provided by the artist.
*Submitted works must not exceed ten minutes in duration.
– A brief written explanation of the work
– An overview of the requirements of the work (particularly for instal- lation works and/or technically heavy performance pieces)
– Biography (maximum 150 words)
– Scores and/or recordings where applicable
– Any applicable auxiliary materials such as youtube/vimeo/sound- cloud etc. links
Submissions may be sent electronically to email@example.com or hard copies may be mailed to:
Raimundo Gonzalez – NuMusic @ Nextfest Curator
7611 110 Street
Edmonton AB T6G 1G2
Questions? Comments? Please contact Rai at firstname.lastname@example.org