This page contains information about watching Nextfest, troubleshooting issues, and answers to our FAQs. Read on for this information.
How to Watch
There are two ways to watch Nextfest 2020.
- Visit www.nextfest.ca/nextfesttv and click on the embedded twitch stream
- Go directly to twitch.tv/nextfesttv
Experiencing Video Issues? Try this.
- Make sure that your Internet browser is up to date. You may be prompted to install a newer version of Adobe Flash, for instance.
- Try refreshing your page. Sometimes embedded videos do not load properly.
- Try changing your browser if you’re having trouble (i.e. Close Chrome and open Safari or Firefox)
Experiencing Audio Issues? Try this.
- Double-check that your computer’s volume is on.
- Double-check the volume in the Nextfest video window is too.
- If you have headphones or speakers plugged into your computer/device, make sure they’re on.
- If you’re still not able to hear us, open your System Preferences and ensure that your Audio Output is correct (i.e. computer speakers, headphones, Bose Soundwave 5000, etc).
- If your computer is connected to a Bluetooth speaker, you may experience a lag in the audio. If this is the case, we recommend disconnecting your Bluetooth speaker and listening on your computer speakers.
If you’re having difficulties, please read below. If the problem persists, feel free to get in touch with the Theatre Network/Nextfest “Box Office” and we’ll help you out.
- Phone: 780-453-2440
- Email: Boxoffice@theatrenetwork.ca
- We are available for support start 1 hour before scheduled programming each day. If you get our voicemail – don’t worry – we’ll call you back as soon as we can.
- Please note that the Roxy on Gateway is closed to the public at this time. Phone or email is the best way to reach us.
Getting a “Your Connection is Not Private” Error. Follow the steps below.
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Safari
- Swipe down again and tap Clear History and Website Data, tap it once again to confirm
- Open the Chrome app on your device.
- Tap the three-dot icon, found at the top right, to open a dropdown menu.
- Tap History, then Clear browsing data.
- Select these checkboxes: Browsing History, Cookies and Site Data and Cached Images and Files
- Tap the Clear data button to clear cache.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More More.
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Click the menu button. and select Options. …
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data….
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data. …
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about:preferences page.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Open a new Internet Explorer browser, then click Tools > Internet Options. (If you don’t see this, press the Alt key to show the menu bar.)
- In the General tab, under Browsing
- In the Delete Browsing History window, select the check boxes for Temporary Internet Files and website files and Cookies and website data. If you have saved any Pearson sites as Favorites, clear the check box for Preserve Favorites website data.
- Click Delete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s Twitch?
A: Click here to learn more about the platform we’re using to broadcast Nextfest 2020: https://www.twitch.tv/p/en/about/
Q: Having trouble accessing the video stream?
A: Here are some things to consider…
- Even if we’re offline you’ll see our Nextfest 2020 banner so you’ll know you’re in the right place.
- If you’re seeing an error it could be related to your browser, especially if you’re using Google Chrome. Try switching to another browser (such as Safari or Firefox) and try again.
Q: You’re not selling tickets! How can I support Nextfest this year?
A: You can…
- Donate instead of buying a ticket: https://tickets.theatrenetwork.ca/TheatreManager/1/login?donationcampaigns
- Adopt an Artist: https://theatrenetwork.ca/news/adopt-an-artist-2020/
Q: Where can I watch the Nextfest 2020?
A: You can watch…
- at nextfest.ca/nextfesttv,
- at twitch.com/nextfesttv, or
- through the Twitch app on iOS/Android devices, smart TVs, or gaming consoles.
Q: What kind of device should I use to watch Nextfest 2020?
A: We recommend watching on your computer, but you can also tune in on mobile devices by…
- Watching on iOS devices: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/watching-twitch-on-ios-devices
- Watching on Android devices: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/watching-twitch-on-android-devices
- using a Smart TV or gaming console to stream Nextfest 2020.
- Use your smart TV or console’s browser to navigate to nextfest.ca or twitch.com/nextfesttv.
- Downloading the Twitch App for iOS/Andriod or for your Smart TVs and gaming consoles.
- Download and watch through the app for the best experience on these devices.
Q: What is the chat function and how do I access it?
A: Nextfest 2020 has a live chat each day! If you would like to chat along with us, you’ll have to watch at twitch.com/nextfesttv or through the Twitch app on iOS/Android or a Smart TV or gaming console.
if you do not feel comfortable, no pressure. You do not need to participate in the chat if you don’t want to.
Q: How do I know when Nextfest is streaming live?
A: You can access our full schedule & festival program here: https://nextfest.ca/schedule-and-map/. You can also follow our Twitch stream (twitch.com/nextfesttv) to get email updates when Nextfest goes live each day.
Q: Do I need a Twitch account to watch?
A: The answer is no, but if you’d like to engage in the chat or follow Nextfesttv you will need to make a Twitch account (learn more about creating your account here).
Q: What is the difference between following and subscribing?
A: When you follow an account, it is similar to following someone on any social media. It is a free way to keep up with a streamer and get notified when they are going live. Subscribing is a paid way to follow and support a steamer. You do not have to subscribe to us, but we appreciate a follow!
Q: Should I subscribe to Nextfest on Twitch?
A: While we love the support, we prefer any donations you’d like to make are made on the Theatre Network site. This way your donation goes directly to support Nextfest, Theatre Network, and the artists. Here are some ways that you can support us.
Q: Is Nextfest for all ages?
A: Nextfest has some events that are all ages, but there are some that may are not for younger audiences. View all ratings and content warnings here.
Still having troubles? Call us at 780-453-2440, or email us at email@example.com