NuMusic at Nextfest 2014 Submission Call
NuMusic at Nextfest proudly presents brave new works by emerging local composers, musicians, sound artists, and anyone interested in exploring the world of new music. For the sake of this festival, “emerging” refers to artists under the age of 30 who are not professionally represented.
NuMusic at Nextfest is now accepting submissions for the 2014 Nextfest Emerging Arts Festival. NuMusic 2014 will focus on the theme Dynamic vs Static, and will incorporate both time-based performances and sound installations.
Deadline to submit is Wednesday, April 16, 2014. We are interested in works at various stages of development within the following categories:
Composed works, including:
- works for solo instruments
- chamber music (ensemble may be provided by musician, OR pending submission requests, a house ensemble may be formed)
- acousmatic (stereo only)
- improvisation, for example: acoustic, mixed or fully electronic performances; live coding; sound walk; etc.
- Experimental take on various genres, for example: jazz, pop, electronic music, rock
Please note: dynamic works must not exceed ten minutes in duration
Gallery based sound art or site-speciﬁc works including:
- Sound Art Installation
- Interactive Sound Installation
- Site-Speciﬁc Works
Please note: space is limited
Have a piece that doesn’t fit in the categories above? Let us know!
- brief written explanation of the work
- overview of the requirements of the work (particularly for installation works and/or technically heavy performance pieces)
- artist(s) biography (maximum 150 words)
- scores and/or recordings where applicable
- any applicable auxiliary materials such as youtube/vimeo/soundcloud etc. links
- contact information
Submissions may be sent electronically to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copies may be mailed to:
NuMusic at Nextfest Curator c/or The Roxy Theatre
10708 124 Street
Edmonton AB T5M 0H1
Please contact Megan at email@example.com
or Raimundo at firstname.lastname@example.org