NuMusic at Nextfest proudly presents brave new works by emerging composers, musicians, sound and noise artists, and anyone interested in exploring the world of new music. For the sake of this festival, “emerging” refers to artists under the age of 30 who are not professionally represented.
NuMusic at Nextfest is now accepting submissions for the 2013 Nextfest Emerging Arts Festival. We are interested in a variety of works, at any stage of development. We are looking for any type of music- based work no longer than ten minutes, from one of the following categories:
- Electroacoustic compositions (stereo only)
- Improvised music. For example: works that make use of interactive technologies, laptop improvisation and live coding
- Sound installations. Please note: space is limited.
- Multimedia performance. Music and dance, music and creation of live visual art, music and spoken word – whatever you can imagine! Please note: music must be the central focus.
- Club electro. For example: jazz, pop, DJ, electronic music.
- Composed concert works. For example: works composed for small ensembles (ensemble may be provided by musician, OR pending submission requests, a house ensemble may be formed), solo instrument and electronics, ensemble and electronics
Please submit the following requirement to Curator Megan Dart by Monday, May 6, 2013:
- A brief written explanation of the work
- An overview of the requirements of the work (particularly for installation works and/or technically heavy performance pieces)
- Biography (maximum 150 words)
- Scores and/or recordings where applicable
- Any applicable auxiliary materials such as youtube/vimeo/soundcloud etc. links
- Your contact information
Submissions may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies may be mailed to:
M. Dart – NuMusic at Nextfest Curator c/or The Roxy Theatre
10708 124 Street
Edmonton AB T5M 0H1
Questions? Comments? Please contact Megan at email@example.com
Want to download the submission call? Do that here.