Curated by Good Women Dance Collective, Nextfest Arts Company is now accepting submissions of dance works for the 2022 edition (June 2- 12, 2021).
What are we looking for?
This season, we are seeking dance works that will be showcased both in-person and digitally at the newly built home of Theatre Network, The Roxy Theatre in Edmonton, AB. Dance pieces in the 10-20 minute range will be prioritized, but all lengths will be considered.
GWDC is an equity-seeking organization: We support and encourage the sharing of space and stories from all bodies, lands and histories, many of which have yet to be experienced on our stages and in our studios. We acknowledge this and actively strive to change it. Feel free to contact us via email@example.com with any questions you may have prior to submitting your application.
Who can apply?
Dance at Nextfest is geared towards emerging choreographers under the age of 30 who are pursuing a professional career in dance and/ or the performing arts. Emerging artists from all movement disciplines and backgrounds are welcome to apply.
How to apply?
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A description of your piece (1-page maximum) Please specify if you are interested in performing your piece live or shared as a pre-recorded digital work.
- Statement of interest – Describe why you would like to present your work at Nextfest and how the festival will benefit you as an artist (1-page maximum)
- Choreographer’s CV
- Estimated length of the work
- List of performers and other collaborators
- Link to online video documentation – Footage of the proposed work is preferred. Rehearsal footage of the work or documentation of previous work will also be accepted. Please send a video hyperlink. Do not send a hard copy.
*Applicants are encouraged to request free mentorship services if desired.
When to apply?
Please send us your application package by February 20, 2022, at 11:59 MT
Where to apply?
Please send all submissions electronically to email@example.com.
Late, incomplete or hard-copy submissions will not be accepted.
When will decisions be made?
You will be contacted by March 7, 2022 with your application results.
Questions regarding this application can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Good Women Dance Collective is grateful to be living and working in Amiskwacîwâskahikan, colonially known as Edmonton, on Treaty 6 territory. We make our home in the Shumka Dance Centre, located in the O-day’min ward, the heart of the city. O-day’min is the Anishinaabe word for strawberry and is used in traditional teachings to represent vulnerability, carrying its seeds on the outside of the fruit and not protected within. We hold this teaching very close to our hearts, as we are able to live and work as artists in this place.