Curated by Good Women Dance Collective, Nextfest Arts Company is now accepting submissions of dance works from emerging choreographers for the 2021 edition (June 3- 13 2021).
What are we looking for?
Nextfest is a multi-disciplinary emerging arts festival in Edmonton AB, Canada. This year, Nextfest will be a virtual festival showcased on an online platform. We will be accepting the following submission varieties:
- Dance on film
- Dance pieces not filmed will have the opportunity to be live-streamed from the Nextfest broadcasting location
Dance works of all lengths will be considered.
Who can apply?
Dance at Nextfest is geared towards emerging choreographers who are within the first ten years of their artistic journey, and who are pursuing a professional career in dance or the performing arts. Emerging artists from all movement disciplines are welcome to apply.
*This year, mentorship is available to those who are self-recording or producing a film. Nextfest can provide a virtual audio-visual mentor who can answer questions about technical considerations, as well as provide some audio-visual equipment for you to borrow (for example, a video camera or microphones).
How to apply?
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A description of your piece (1-page maximum)
- Statement of interest – Describe why you would like to present your work at Nextfest and how the festival will benefit you as an artist (1-page maximum)
- Choreographer’s CV
- Estimated length of the work
- List of performers and other collaborators
- Link to online video documentation – Footage of the proposed work is preferred. Rehearsal footage of the work or documentation of previous work will also be accepted. Please send a video hyperlink. Do not send a hardcopy.
When to apply?
Please send us your application package by February 8, 2021, at 11:59 MT.