Nextfest Community Check-ins
Grab a mug of your favourite beverage and start your morning with the Nextfest gang! Though we can’t connect on the dance floor this year, it doesn’t mean that connection won’t happen. Here is your chance to meet other Nextfest artists and learn about their projects, meet folks involved with the festival, or just tell us how your quarantine is going. Your new best friends are here- guaranteed!
This event occurs on multiple dates:
- Wednesday, June 10th 10 -11:30 AM MST — Hosted by Patricia Cerra, Cynthia Jimenez-Hicks & Elise Jason
- Saturday, June 13th 10 -11:30 AM MST — Hosted by Patricia Cerra, Nadien Chu & Helen Belay
- Sunday, June 14th 10 -11:30 AM MST — Hosted by Patricia Cerra, Kiana Woo & Helen Belay
Black Lives Matter – UPDATE
In order to create a safe space for all, especially our artists who are Black, Indigenous, or People of Colour to connect, debrief, learn about each other’s projects, meet other artists involved with the festival, or just tell us how your quarantine is going, we will now be splitting the community check-ins to two groups:
- Open Check-In – Hosted by Simone A. Medina Polo and Katie Cutting. This check-in is open to anyone and everyone.
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour Specific Check-in – Hosted by Patricia Cerra and Others. This check-in is only for people who identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Colour.
Sign up here to join these conversations. Both Zoom links will be sent to you before each check-in, the links will be sent before the sessions.
Note: Attendance is not mandatory for all sessions, but you will be notified about all 4.